Powerphotonic Ltd. located in Scotland is a a global leader in the design and manufacture of precision micro optics. Using their unique laser based micro-machining process, PowerPhotonic are experts at providing cutting edge solutions:
- Correction optics for high brightness and high power diode laser stacks
- Beam shaping for laser material processing
- Microlens arrays for coupling between laser sources, fiber and waveguide arrays, optical multiplexing and optical switching
- High efficiency refractive diffusers and homogenization optics for imaging
Surface preparation before laser cutting in precision optics is an essential aspect of the process, NGL has offered its expertise and suggested they try the recent product development: NANOCLEAN 2018
- Compatible on sensitive lenses
- Excellent rinsability
- No harmful components
NGL has also assisted Powerphotonic Ltd. by sending a technician to set up the process their facility in Edinburgh, to provide training and ensure the process gave satisfactory results.
On this occasion, NGL demonstrated their UPC 3000 control unit (Ultrasonic Process Controller), which allows us a quick and easy check of the ultrasonic performance of the cleaning tanks, the temperature, the concentration of the detergent and finally the quality of the DI rinse water, all of which are fundamental parameters to guarantee an efficient cleaning process (see article).